Self Introduction #2

  Subject: Hui Hao's Self-Introduction.


Dear Professor Blackstone,


I am writing to introduce myself to you as a student in your Critical thinking and Communicating class. My name is Hui Hao, I am a Year 1 mechanical engineering student from SIT.


I graduated from Temasek Polytechnic in 2021 with a diploma in mechatronics specializing in aerospace system. I feel like mechanical engineering has always been a part of me since I was young. I used to love collecting Gunpla models when I was younger, which are mecha model kits that come with pre-molded plastic that can be snapped together without the use of glue or paint. I take great joy in assembling the parts, especially the process of understanding the mechanics and articulation of the parts. I find Gunplas to be a rewarding experience and it definitely brought an interest of robotics and exposed me to mechanical concepts like gears and joints. I therefore decided to take that passion and interest I have to pursue a diploma and degree in Mechanical Engineering. 


Some hobbies I have includes reading, watching podcasts and indulging in fashion blogs. I love reading self-help books as I'm always looking to improve myself and my lifestyle. I strongly believe in the 1% rule from Atomic Habits by James Clear which talks about being 1% better than the previous day, even though 1% is not a lot, if you keep improving 1% everyday for a year, you would end up being 37 times better than what you were when you started. I'm an avid fan of self improvement and I see this being a strong suit going into your class.


I do have a weakness in communication, which happens to be my ability to speak to an audience or crowd. I have not given many presentations or did much public speaking which leads to me feeling less comfortable and feel very awkward when speaking to a crowd or class. However, I do feel that this weakness may come from the lack of experience as I feel that I am able to articulate my ideas well in a more private setting, such as talking to my friends.


My goals in this module is to have a growth mindset and refine my public speaking skills, I want to be able to face any audience without having that awkward sensation and be able to strike off a conversation or topic well. I want to be able to give off an aura of confidence when I speak and I know with your guidance, I will certainly be able to achieve that. 


I hope we are able to work well and learn more about effective communication and critical thinking from you.


Best Regards,

Hui Hao

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Introduction

Interpretation of Quotation